Thursday, November 3, 2011

thanks, 3 is my limit.

when you are the mom of 3 boys, people in grocery stores don't stop to tell you how awesome your little dudes look in their captain america t-shirts.  they do stop to ask: "are you ready to try for that girl?"  as if there is a girl out there for me, i just haven't hit the jack-pot yet.



really.  i'm always astounded when a stranger asks me about my plans to procreate.  in the freezer section.  in front of my three young boys.

the truth is, though i kind of (desperately) would love to have a daughter of my own, i think my limit is 3.

honestly, i can't keep track of them all.  it's like i cannot count to three.  i've panicked pretty much once per day since Quinn was born.  i have this irrational fear that i've left him somewhere.

one day it was only me and Quinn in the car.  i was suddenly paralyzed by this crazy-sweaty-fear.  i looked in my rear-view mirror to reassure myself that Quinn was safely in his car seat and HE WAS NOT THERE!  i freaked.  i stopped the car and jumped out and opened the back car door -- and there was Quinn.  smiling at me from his big brother's car seat.  in my rush or because of my habit of putting asher in the car first, i had buckled Quinn into asher's forward facing car seat.  he looked tiny sitting there, and was being very still, like he knew i had done something weird and was afraid the crazy wasn't over yet.

if i had 4 i really would leave one somewhere.

lucky for me, these three girls are recent additions to my family.  i plan to spend lots of time with them (and i promise, i won't even lose one.)

riley ryann

madeline grace

leah magdalene

4 comments:

  1. I've had a similar moment with putting Michael in David's carseat and I only have 2!

    I've had heaps of people as me if I'm going back for a girl too. It's almost the first question people ask when I meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading your blog leslie. i love that you are the mom of three boys who might be clinically insane. thank you for everything you do and everything you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I am a mom to one of those cute girls, I still say there is nothing better than little boys. You are an awesome Mom, and my hero in so many ways. Your family is complete - there are no missing girls at the table. :) And besides, think of all the super hero/Transformer/gross animal knowledge you would be missing out on if your house was full of girls? :)
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those three little girls are so lucky to have you and your boys in their lives. Our whole family, from Texas to London, is just perfect. love you all, Julie

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking time to comment. i love to hear what you think!